Saturday, January 2, 2010

Kristen Wiig - the highlight of the Vincent Price show?



ZOË RICE: I give this another mediocre rating. Kristen Wiig’s Katherine Hepburn and James Franco’s James Dean (no doubt the impetus for this sketch was his award-nominated portrayal of Dean) were the highlights here. I liked it better than the frat boy sketch, but I’m getting a bit tired of SNL relying on gay jokes and gags.

HOWARD MEGDAL: Ah, I always love the Vincent Price stuff. And when does Wiig get her own variety show? She is Carol Burnett, people.

STEVE MURPHY: One of my favorite sketches, back after a pretty long break, and it was just as good as I remember it. I love how Price’s guests always completely ruin everything (though Franco as James Dean didn’t really cause any direct problems) and Liberace always ends up going way, way too far. Good for a laugh, though maybe not as huge as when, say, Alec Baldwin hosted and did this sketch as Richard Burton.


Excerpt from:
http://perpetualpost.com/?p=4130
===================

Should Kristen get her own show, like Carol Burnett?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!

Kristen Wiig - Hot Video

Lawrence Welk Show - 10/1/11

Popular Posts