Saturday, May 1, 2010
Jamie at Macleans mentions our blog!!!
But obnoxious characters, even true-to-life ones, are easier to take in small doses. After Wiig was chosen to host SNL’s Christmas special in character as the unspeakably awful Gilly, there were murmurs of online revolt against her overexposure, and earlier this season, in a list of ways to fix the show, Entertainment Weekly argued that Wiig needs to appear less often: “How can we appreciate the woman if she never leaves the screen?” Even the writer of a Wiig fan blog (kristen-wiig.blogspot.com) admitted she was doing too many solo sketches and that the producers “need to mix it up more.” If they don’t—or if Wiig doesn’t come up with a likeable character or two—there may be more people echoing the sage words of Kathie Lee Gifford [about Wiig]: “Can’t she get another job? Go off and do something else?”
Thanks for the call out, Jamie! And I'm happy to say that Lorne and the producers listened to our pleas! After we posted that (and Entertainment Weekly's article), Kristen has been featured less and been in more supporting roles. (Actually, she was always in supporting roles; she's just starred in less sketches so her supporting roles are more of noticeable now.)
Unfortunately, that does mean that we end up with Kristen in less amazing skits, because they can't all be winners. (Like Aunt Linda recently.) So less Kristen skits also means less great Kristen skits.
What do you think?
Enjoy this great song that shows how Kristen Wiig has a great singing voice! I wonder if Will Forte's "I'm sorry; can'...
This is one post with all of Kristen Wiig's sex scenes from her films. In 2010, Kristen Wiig was in MacGruber, which had a weird sex s...
New international posters for Kristen Wiig's upcoming movie, Paul! Short version: And here's the long version: Enjoy!
UPDATE: Added three more images. Originally posted 1/22/10. ============== These are from the Mike Judge film (the creator of Beavis and ...
Sketch - Bongo's Clown Room Helen Mirren ... Tanya Dave Grohl ... Tony Ken Aymong ... customer Abby Elliott ... P...
So this is probably only the second time that Andy has starred in a Cold Opening like this! Kristen Wiig announces for him... Cold Opening...
So that adorable little shite-talking alien PAUL (Seth Rogen) looks to get under the skin of us Earthlings come March 18th. As such, Empir...
Thanks to Freya for the scoop! Who do you think is going to leave now that the season is over? - Fred Armisen (been on awhile and has ...
At the beginning of this episode, Kristen Wiig walks by while Tom delivers a pickup line, and then at the end of his pickup lines, we see Kr...
This is Kristen's second time doing this character, so add another repeat character to Kristen's arsenal. (Now up to 28!) Sketch -...
Kristen Wiig Daily - WHAT'S HOT
- News - Nominated for 2 Peoples Choice Awards!!!
- Photos - Kristen & Will Forte
- Videos - "Paul" update (Kristen does improv)
- Video - fakes orga$m$ (Tamara Parks)
- Video - Trina (New Secretary)
- Video - Belle (Beauty & the Beast)
- News - Our Whip It Movie Review (photos)
- News - Kristen & Taylor Swift
- News - #13 most successful SNL film star
- Videos - Extract clips and photos
- Photos - Whip It with Drew Barrymore & Ellen Page
- Video - Gilly with Drew Barrymore (10/10/09)
- Interview - Jenny Slate's curse & new Judd movie
- Video - Whip It interview and clips
- Photos - McGruber movie
- Video - SNL Promo with Drew Barrymore
- Article - Kristen writes about her favorite purse
- Interview - Whip It (written interview)
- Photos - Darth Vader Gown (Emmys)
- Videos - Bored to Death (TV show)
- Videos - On Jimmy Fallon (3/31/09)
- Video - Miss Ice Tia: Deep House Dish (10/3/09)
- Videos - Whip It clips
- Video - Mom talking to Megan Fox
- Video - Suze Orman (10/1/09)
- Videos - Madonna (9/17/09)
- Videos - Ignores Jenny Slaters flubs
- Video - Flight Attendants
- Video - Judy Grimes (9/26/09)