Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Perpetual Posters didn't like her "Trina" character



ZOË RICE: Kristen Wiig’s annoying Trina character was mostly just annoying here. This may be my least favorite recurring Wiig character, but I still just love her.

STEVE MURPHY: I hated this last year… and again tonight. I love Kristen Wiig, but this one falls down flat. Not funny for one second. Long, slow and bad.

HOWARD MEGDAL: And such a waste. If it were Kenan Thompson, at least I could reassure myself that the writing wouldn’t save it. But Wiig can be so good with the right material, or really, given her ability to do more with less, with the absence of bad material.

From:
http://perpetualpost.com/?p=3151

Yeah, I have to agree. It was funny, but it wasn't what it could have been. It would have been better if it wasn't about Trina interrupting her boss. Maybe if it was just about her being at a party or something. Plus what if she was surrounded by other annoying characters?

Next new episode of SNL isn't until November 7. Taylor Swift will be pulling double duty as the host and musical act (and following in the footsteps of J-Lo, Justin Timberlake, and Britney Spears, who all have done double duty in the past).


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely was not a huge fan of this skit. It just seemed dull, repetitive and not that funny. And I hate saying that, because I love Kristen so much. But could have done better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second time she's done this skit. It's an okay character, but you're right, could be funnier. Also, a better scenario would make it funnier too.

    - TAE

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!

Kristen Wiig - Hot Video

Lawrence Welk Show - 10/1/11

Popular Posts