Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kristen Wiig - will she be Hollywood's next leading lady?

"Saturday Night Live" wrapped this week but that didn't stop cast members like Seth Meyers, Andy Samberg and Jenny Slate from congregating at The Roosevelt Hotel last night to party with their co-worker Kristen Wiig as she celebrated being cover girl of Gotham Magazine.

"I'm having one of those days today where I'm like, 'How did I get here? What's happening?'" Wiig gushed. "Just coming from sketch comedy on a stage in LA, and now I'm here.

She added, "It's surreal."

It's obvious that the "MacGruber" starlet's meteoric rise has done little to keep her from being grounded. In the case of becoming Hollywood's next leading lady, she assured us that she's waiting for the right time.



"Of course I'm listening to the offers," Wiig said. "I've always said I'd take a small role in a great movie over a large role in one that I don't believe in."

In a flowing blue summer dress, the comic also shared with Niteside the secret to photographing well during the cover shoot with Bell Soto.

"I take exclusively over-the-shoulder shots," she said.

Her technique seems to have worked because the results were getting quite a few nods from her fellow "SNL" castmates. Kristen told us the most nerve-racking part was waiting to see the final product.

"I am my harshest critic but I'm really happy with it!"

Niche Media CEO Jason Binn and Gotham Magazine editor Samantha Yanks were also thrilled with the results at the release party.

After a generous amount of flattery on how amazing she looked in the Niche Media-owned title, Niteside asked Wiig on her optioning of "Clown Girl" and her plans to star in the film.

"I fell in love with that book before I was even a third of the way through. She (Monica Drake) is just such an interesting writer and I've fallen in love the material. I just hope I can do it justice."

Wiig soon ran over to the VIP area to join her boyfriend Brian Pestos for some Grey Goose-sponsored drinks.

From:
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/blogs/niteside/NTSD-SNL-Comic-Kristin-Wiig-My-Life-Now-Is-Surreal--94100759.html

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Samantha Yanks' tasseled necklaces – launched this summer in collaboration with Jennifer Miller Jewelry are stunning! Check out this amazing profile on her at Clos-ette Too! http://bit.ly/pYMaeO

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think!

Kristen Wiig - Hot Video

Lawrence Welk Show - 10/1/11

Popular Posts