Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do Kristen Wiig (and Mark Ruffalo) start the third wheel humor in Date Night?



I expected uproarious laughter from Tina Fey’s humor of awkward desperation. I expected Steve Carell’s dry humor to leave me uncomfortably giddy. But then I reminded myself, this is not “The Office” or “30 Rock”—unfortunately. ...

The married-but-separated friends, played by Mark Ruffalo and Kristen Wiig, are the first evidence of the humor that I felt was lacking from Fey and Carell. I’ll call this third-wheel humor.

The third-wheel humor continues with appearances by Mark Wahlberg, William Fichtner, James Franco and Mila Kunis. These actors, who are all very entertaining, managed to get some laughs out of Fey and Carell. However, as you can probably expect, I’m sad to say that the Fosters are way too bland.

Read the rest here:
http://www.scaddistrict.com/?p=8060

Do you disagree with this review?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!

Kristen Wiig - Hot Video

Lawrence Welk Show - 10/1/11

Popular Posts