Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kristen Wiig - MacGruber interview



Kristen Wiig has come up with some of Saturday Night Live’s best characters of the current cast. Her character in the MacGruber movie is not her own, but she gave it her trademark physical bravado.

“I knew when they were writing it, it was going to take place sort of later than the sketch world,” Wiig said. “They were so great and smart to include Maya and have that storyline kind of tied together, because she used to be in the sketches, and I thought it was really cool. And I didn’t know to the extent of what my character was going to do, but I thought the music thing was really funny.”

Wiig plays Vicki St. Elmo, MacGruber’s partner and love interest on a mission to stop Dieter Von Cunth (Val Kilmer). If that sounds crazy, imagine the obligatory sex scene Wiig and Will Forte had to do.

“If you watch the movie again, you will see that I’m fully laughing. I turned my head, and when I saw the screening of it, I was like, ‘They can’t use that take!’ Because I’m fully laughing. No one else noticed it, but I’m turning my head and fully laughing. It was probably 100 degrees, and then when they would cut they would just turn on a little fan. It wasn’t even an air conditioner, it was just like a little fan and we would stand in front of it. We had like sweat and he had his little sock on, and I had this weird nightgown tube thing.”

Forte was obviously on top, so gravity allowed all of his sweat to drip onto Wiig. “Oh, just like drips of sweat coming from the belly button. Bew bew bew!”

The scene goes past the point where it stops being funny, and on to where it becomes funny again. “You have to find that time in between because when it gets to the point when it’s too long, then you get that second wave of people laughing because it’s so long, but you have to figure it out.”

Vicki St. Elmo might not be as broad a character as Gilly, but Wiig knows what to do. “I think you just have to adjust it to what project you’re doing. I think SNL is probably the biggest that I act, just because it’s that charactery comedy stuff. But it just depends on what you’re doing; if you’re doing something in a movie that’s supposed to be understated and real, I try to do that.”

MacGruber opens to theaters on May 21st.

From:
target=_blankhttp://www.canmag.com/nw/15586-macgruber-kristen-wiig-interview
=================

So we get an appearance from Maya Rudolph and find out what happened to her character. I would be in heaven if Shia LeBeuf appeared as MacGruber's son with Andy Samberg as his gay boyfriend.

Also apparently there's a long and brutal love scene between Kristen and Will.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!

Kristen Wiig - Hot Video

Lawrence Welk Show - 10/1/11

Popular Posts